If someone is in immediate danger, call 999
National Domestic Violence Helpline 0808 2000 247
If you are worried about a child in Cambridgeshire call 0345 045 5203
Some of the signs of domestic abuse
- The person behaves differently when their partner is there.
- They seem nervous when with their partner.
- They are not their usual self. They are not as confident as usual or they seem scared.
- Their partner texts or calls them all the time when they are out with you.
- They have started to cancel plans at the last minute, or they make excuses not to spend time with you.
- They are always saying sorry for what their partner does.
- You have noticed bruises or other injuries. You think they are not telling the truth about how they got them.
- Your friend has changed how they look. Perhaps they dress differently or have stopped putting on make-up.
- They may be using Facebook less than before.
- They may have been taking more time off sick from work than usual.