Local Contacts

Outreach Services work with victims and survivors in the community, you can make a self referral to Outreach

Cambridge City, East Cambs and South Cambs -

Cambridge Women’s Aid

Fenland, Huntingdonshire & Peterborough - Refuge

  • 0808 2000 247
  • 07787 255821 (outreach)

 Peterborough Women's Aid 01733 894964

You can find out more about the Outreach services by watching the short films on our You Tube channel.  The films are available in English, Urdu, Punjabi, Russian, Lithuanian, Polish and British Sign Language https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvA8lxUtXHpYnOADUxUA-7g


Survivor support and recovery programmes

There are a number of programmes for survivors running across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, please visit this page on our website Welcome to Cambridgeshire DASV Partnership (cambsdasv.org.uk)

Please note that some programmes accept referrals from professionals only, the referral information is included on the page.

Independent Domestic Violence Advisory Service (IDVA Service)
If you are felt to be at high risk of harm from domestic abuse, a professional such as a Social Worker or Police can refer your case to the IDVA Service.  An IDVA provides one-to-one support to help keep you, and any children you have, safe.
You can find out more information about the IDVA Service in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and how they can support you by watching the short films on our You Tube Channel.  The films are available in English, Urdu, Punjabi, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian and British Sign Language https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvA8lxUtXHpYnOADUxUA-7g

Cambridgeshire Victim and Witness Hub

The Victims and Witness Hub provide emotional and practical support to standard/medium risk domestic abuse victims. Where there is a need for specialist DV support they will refer, or signpost (depending on the circumstances) to specialist services.

The Hub can be contacted on 0800 781 6818 (8.00am – 8.00pm, Monday to Friday and 9.00am – 5.00pm on Saturdays) or via email victimandwitnesshub@cambs.pnn.police.uk. Further information about the support they can provide, the process for getting support and useful organisations is available on their website. 

The Hub is a free service offered by Cambridgeshire Constabulary which can provide support for anyone affected by crime whether reported or not. The Hub is made up of skilled Victim Care Co-ordinators who will discuss your needs and agree a tailored support package with you based on your specific needs and personal circumstances. This will cover a range of practical and emotional support that you can receive including organising face to face support from a highly trained Victims’ Hub Community Volunteer and help access other external support organisations.

ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGES: Women's Aid provide information in a number of different languages on their website