Legal & Financial Support

The Home Office have template letters that victims of domestic abuse can use to help them get evidence to claim Legal Aid.  You can download the templates at this link
The Department for Work and Pensions have a guide that provides information for victims of domestic violence and abuse about the services and support offered by the DWP.

This includes special conditions for:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • the benefit cap
  • removal of the spare room subsidy
  • Discretionary Housing Payments
  • Migrant partner support
  • Child maintenance

You can access the guide at